Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Excuse me... I ordered the "Ordinary" madness

"Writing about yourself isn't as fun as talking about yourself"

A-to the fucking-men, sister.
When Polonius tells his son, Laertes, "To thins own self be true," does that include other people? I mean, if your honest to yourself about yourself, do you need to share it?
As I progress with the notes I'm making before I start the real work on LA Woman, I need to decide how much honesty I, personally, can put on the page. The scope of the book has grown considerably, which was to be expected I suppose. The way I do things, these projects often swell, then get pared back down to a reasonable size. Which brings me back to honesty?
How much is too much? Where do we enter the realm of TMI? Just because I am willing to share something, should I?
And lastly, what are friends and family going to think when they read an undiluted account of the last year of my life?



No comments:

Post a Comment