Thursday, October 7, 2010

Gifts


To forget and be forgotten: two of life's greatest gifts it can give. Unfortunately for most of us, remembering and remembrance are the prices we pay for our living sins. There is no heaven, no hell, and no final judgement. It is an ongoing process, in which, we built our own hells and prisons. It is not necessarily a sad or depressing process. It is more like the buzzing mosquito in a dark room: the constant reminder that there are forces at work, preying upon us, which we will never catch, stop, or otherwise interrupt from their unstated goals.

Some Warren Zevon lyrics to ponder...
Well, I went to the doctor. I said, "I'm feeling kind of rough..." 
"Let me break it to you son; you're shit's fucked up!" 
I said, "My shit's fucked up? Well, I don't see how!" 
He said, "The shit that used to work, won't work now!" 
~
That amazing grace, thought it passed you by.
You wake up every day, and you start to cry.
You want to die but you just can't quit.
Let me break it on down; it's the fucked up shit.



No comments:

Post a Comment